There are more than 15 publications that demonstrate the effectiveness of Ampcare’s ESP.
Digestible takeaways from several publications include…
- Ampcare’s parameters are best suited for use on the neck to promote a comfortable contraction of the suprahyoid muscle groups
- Submental placement of the electrodes provides a facilitation to the superior/anterior motion of the hyolaryngeal complex
- Contraction to the suprahyoid muscles creates an intrinsic resistance by stretching open the laryngeal vestibule
- Patients swallow function improves at a better and faster rate as measured in the Rosenbek Penetration/Aspiration scale, Functional Oral Intake scale, and the Swal-QoL
- Kinematic measurements from pre-treatment and post-treatment imaging demonstrate improvements in hyoid bone displacement and laryngeal vestibule closure reaction times